A Break from Riding on the Saddle... why?

Sadly I caught the Dengue virus a two weeks ago, and just last week I was confined in the hospital battling out the virus.

It's good that after a week I was able to survive and win against the Dengue virus. It was thanks to a herbal medicine called, Tawa-Tawa... unlikely this was a local-herbal shrub found in provinces down south (Mindanao). Used and often cures fevers... this medicinal herb helped me regain those lost platelets.

Although a week has already passed... riding the bike to the mountains and jungles is a dream away for me. Sad but true, I'm not allowed to ride like I usually do for two to three weeks. My doctor required me to take the helmet off and rest-it out. Well my Mom was joyful that I'll be off the saddle for weeks.

But to be frank, I can't get myself off the saddle. To regain my strength I need some training too. Dia will be back as my training partner... true and right, I'm going to train my legs once again, but this time on road and around the village.

The earlier statement just defeated the title of this post... yes, but not totally... I'm only restricted to "road" and "village" and not "mountain", "jungle" or "trail".

Probably around December 12, I'll be on the saddle again climbing mountains or perhaps trailing around the local trails. But for now its regaining back that lost power.

Comments

Popular Posts