Bunny's Kitchen: Baked Basil and Tarragon Chicken in Sweet Korean Sauce
Alright, so it's another day for cooking! So for tonight's dinner I made a dish I based on imagination:
Baked Basil and Tarragon Chicken
in Sweet Korean Sauce
6 pcs Chicken Thigh Fillet
1 White Onion, sliced
4 cloves of Garlic, chopped (for marinade)
4 cloves of Garlic, chopped (for baking)
a handful of fresh Tarragon Leaves
a handful of fresh Sweet Basil Leaves
500ml of Korean Bulgogi Sweet Sauce (for marinade)
100 gms of Butter, unsalted
- First, clean the chicken thighs and place them all in a bowl. Marinade the Chicken in Korean Bulgogi Sauce and drop the garlic cloves in. Make sure the chicken is well coated in marinade before storing in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. For better flavour, pour all the contents of the bowl in a large ziplock bag and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Pre-Heat the oven at 160degC for 10mins. Get a serving dish, big enough for the 6 pieces of Chicken Thighs. Melt the butter and place it in a separate container. Brush the bottom of the serving dish generously with butter, make sure the whole area is properly coated.
- Place the onions and garlic on top of the butter coating, make sure they are spread evenly. Take out the marinated Chicken Thighs and place them on top of the onions and garlic, make sure that the chicken pieces are not clumped together. After doing this, drop the chopped Tarragon and Sweet Basil leaves on the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 40 minutes at 190degC (375degF)
- All done, best served with Garlic Jasmine Rice and Iced Lemonade