A Compilation of Rides... for the whole December of 2009

To cope up with lost time, I have to summarize every small and/or long rides I had since after the December 19, 2009 Grand Alumni Homecoming at UST.

1.) First of course, December 19, 2009 - Only 5 of us were able to attend the Grand Alumni Homecoming, but without the attendance, am sure that the organization wouldn't be able to get that Recongition.








2.) A few days later after that event and days before Noche Buena and Christmas comes. I spent an early climb to the City of Pines, Baguio City with the whole family. I was allowed to bring a bike to explore the city's hidden trails... but with the lack of a guide and several mis-communications with the local riders. I had no choice but to try road climbs.

Compared to the road climbs in the Metro, these climbs were good training spots for those who enjoy climbing cardiac hills. Friends from Teachers Camp brought me to a few of these training spots such as: "Tiptop" and "Happy Hollow".


I even had a chance to get a vid of the downslope run from TipTop... before I ran out of card space and batteries.


3. After Christmas... December 26, 2009. This was the last time that I could taste the trail for the year 2009. A good year-ender at the La Mesa Nature Reserve with ride buddies as well as Marose and Jeena's group. A total of 18 mountain bikers took on La Mesa's numerous single tracks and fire roads.


There's actually 7 parts of this ride, and only got the chance to upload 2 of these at vimeo... might get the chance later on to post everything if there's extra space before I maximize my weekly limit.


It's actually cool that La Mesa's terrain's varied. That every other time we go there, there's a different attraction. The above vid (part 7) is a single-track that we haven't tried before. The caretakers of the nature park told us that it was re-opened after Ondoy's (Ketsana) wraith. It was maybe also because that some of the usual routes have been badly damaged during Ondoy's downpour a few months ago.

Well that wraps every little and BIG ride for December 2009~


Comments

Popular Posts