Shotgun - Taking on the Challenge

Pedal damn it!  I think I saw this on a top tube of a Marin bike when I passed by a slow pedal-er on the flat portion on top of Shotgun trail.


To those still unknown with Shotgun... its a trail in San Mateo, Rizal famous for its steep dirt climbs and of course the dump trucks that pass you as you climb several mountains. Dust, smoke and the scorching heat.

If you have tried "The Wall" or "AFP reverse"... this is a level further than those. Climbing Shotgun requires lots of hydration, complete protection from the scorching heat and UV Rays; yes that includes sunblock, and of course patience... lotsa patience.




The ride was organized by Ian Ong via FB, but am sure it wasn't him who wanted to tackle Shotgun. Hmm must've been Mike Serrano. Was sure he brought his cam in contrary to this climb.
Well from Shotgun we continued the ride to Giant via Roxas (single-track). And going back we took the route down via Aries - AFP Housing. And truly that was one hell of downhill.








It was also a blessing to test the "hand-me-down" SF9 SR Suntour Epicon RLD my father handed me down. Compared to the performance of the XCR, the Epicon takes all the beating the trail gives. But to be true, you can't compare a fork from another fork on just one single trail ride. I'll gather more information before I can give a real review.

Speaking of review... I haven't given a review on my current set-up of tires, that is the Continental Mountain King and Race King. Well thats another story.

Comments

Popular Posts