Makimi @ Pares Mami House, N.S. Amoranto

Earlier this evening after work, I was scheduled to fetch my awesome wife at her folks' place in Manila.

Though during these times my stomach was empty. And hunger was eating my energy up, since driving and hunger are mortal enemies in my case (or everyone's case, depends). Of course to get to her place I have to travel via Quezon Avenue - Banawe Avenue and N.S. Amoranto, also better known as Retiro, famous for chinese restaurants and restaurants or fastfood shops that serve mouth-watering Pares and Mami.

Though for this night's dinner, my appetite's craving for something with thick soup and some pork meat... it's Makimi

So what's Makimi or Maki Mi? Maki Mi is a chinese dish, it is composed of tender slices of pork in a very thick and brown broth and mixed with beaten eggs, making a very gooey and thick flavourful soup. It's similar to a Mami (Noodle Soup), though the difference will definitely be that thick gooey soup.

So I stopped by this place along N.S. Amoranto called, Pares Mami House sa Maharlika. from the interior it looks like your regular fastfood diner that serves Pares, though it also serves various dishes such as Buttered Chicken, Tapsilog, Tocilog and Beef / Chicken Mami.




So I ordered my bowl of Maki Mi (75 Philippine Pesos), the service was fast since it was around past 8:00pm, and there were less people eating at that time. But when the dish arrived...



I just couldn't contain my hunger and digged in, well not before I took the photo above. So when I dug in, it had this flavorful soup that made me dig into it more. Though the noodles were a little powdery, in every bite, it was the soup and the tender meat that made this a good meal to buy when you're on the go.

The fastfood diner is located along N.S. Amoranto corner D.Tuazon in Quezon City, Metro Manila. If you're having problems locating the place, the landmarks are the McDonalds fronting the diner and the Shell on the other side of the intersection.

If you're planning to bring your bike, better bring a bike lock. Folding Bikes are welcome inside the shop though.

Though if you need the actual details the shop is located at

443 N.S. Amoranto Avenue (formerly Retiro) corner D. Tuazon Street, Barangay Maharlika, Sta. Mesa Heights, Quezon City

They Open from 7:30am to 11:00pm daily

Comments

Popular Posts