2015 Fireeye Hot Tail Acquired... and a little mishap.

Went to UP with the Banshee Viento strapped and mounted to my trunk before going to SM Marikina to meet up with the seller... and finally got this fresh looking Fireeye Hot Tail. Headset, seatpost and bottom bracket included.
This particular frame was featured on Pinkbike.com . It featured thick Chromoly tubes, compared to On-One and Cotic's thinner chromoly tubes... a really unusual feature and often mistaken for an aluminum with all the paint. Beefier tubes means extreme durability.


Excited to build this... I rushed going home... but before entering the village gate... a truck accidentally hit the tail end of my car... I was shocked, because the Banshee Viento was mounted on the rack. Panic-stricken I rushed out of the car to check the damage. Only to see the rack falling from my trunk, the bike undamaged. The rack suffered all the impact while protecting the bike.


Aside from the dead and broken rack, my Trunk also suffered from a deep dent and scraped paintjob...


Auggh,  I just hope insurance covers that... The excitetment died down the instant the accident happened. The driver of the container van that hit me from behind confessed that he was at fault. I didn't want to ruin the day, so I told him that insurance can cover the damage on my car and he can go.


I got home, with the smashed bike carrier, a damaged trunk and still alive Banshee Viento and a new frame. Maybe things happened because of my over-excitement. Though despite all that... I still think this beauty here... is one I'll miss, once the FireEye Hot Tail replaces the Viento.






Comments

Popular Posts