A Recovery Ride with Pops

Today's April 17, 2011 and after nearly two months from that incident. I'm slowly trying to get my butt on the saddle.

The sun and weather was not on our side this day. That my dad, Tony opted to bring me to Mt. Maarat instead of today's 2011 Tour of the Fireflies.

Of course, I'm not yet allowed to do long rides, especially the ones that can give me a heat-stroke. And of course with my Vision Pursuit named Conchita gone, I had to borrow Dad's old Kinesis KM310 and retrofitted it with some of Conchita's old parts (like SLX clipless pedals, a thomson seatpost, selle italia saddle, ergon ge1-L grips) to make my riding style adaptable on a borrowed bike.

Unlikely, with difference in bike sizing... a full stroke pedal was never achieved as the Kinesis Km310 was 17" frame. The Pursuit was a 19". But of course over-all the ride was enjoyable... especially of course the ride feel and response of the 2009 RS Sid Race 100mm on the Kinesis compared to my 2008 SRS Epicon 80mm/100mm.

Anyhow, enough of those... this post is more of a ride experience than a review of components, so lets stick with that.

After nearly two months of no riding, it feels a little tough to adapt to the trail surroundings, especially riding on Mt. Maarat. It's been nearly 6 months since I last rode on this mountain. And since its summer, dry tires makes the best of the trail. Climbs are easier, less challenging, yet the rolling is damned sweet.

My father, Tony (aka Decroix) riding along Maarat Basic. Don't be fooled by the get-up and bike set-up. This guy's a monster, rides Sierra Loop and Manila to Baguio, like its just butter on bread.And now they're even planning to do a Manila to Baler with fellow Ageless Warriors.


After a short and quick pass through Maarat's Basic... its a sweet rolling 2.3km to Giant Store for a mouthwatering breakfast. A can of Garlic Spam and a Bowl of Lucky Me Instant Noodles would suffice for a great meal, simple but great.

My Father's (Decroix) new Fox Flux helmet beside my battered Spyder Helix... which I'll be retiring after this ride.

After that meal, it was time to go home and attend mass. Yes of course, its a Palm Sunday... and for us Catholics... Palm Sunday is a must attend.

I would like to thank all of my readers and bike buddies for the prayers. I'm almost recovered from the incident that happened two months ago and also a month ago. If things go out smoothly, I'll probably be back sooner or later. But for now let's take it slow... but surely.

Comments

Popular Posts