Banshee Viento Build: Wheelset Rebuild [Week 07]

When I sold the Shawn H-3 a few quarters ago, I made sure that the wheelset and other important components didn't get sold. Reason was to make sure that I will still get to build another bike just in case the urge went back.









Though I didn't lack the components to build a proper wheelset. I still had my same old Vision GSG-DH rims, Fire Eye Excelerant F920 front hub, Traction Rush rear hub, Baradine Floating Rotors... except that I was missing 12 spokes.

I dropped by the local bike shop, if they got some spokes for 26 inch rims, since most shops now only carry spokes for 29 or 27.5.
Luckily the LBS got some in stock. I got anodized gold spokes by the label Origin8.

In the end my wheelset, is still as heavy as usual, I plan to sell these 38mm DH rims in exchange for lighter 26mm AM/Enduro rims by December.





posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular Posts