Just this afternoon I took my preliminary interview and talent exam @ Enising Philippines' office at Chino Roces, Makati. Well I'm glad everything turned out good, I was asked by Rod Munasque to wait for their call in a week or two.
The exam was fun, even enjoyable than the test I took at TOEI a week ago. Maybe because it was freehand drawing. A requirment of Enising that their artists must be able to illustrate characters via freehand. Of course the instruction was to draw an original character in one render pose. I did mine in a semi-bust 3/4 angle pose... illustrating a lonesome jester in my own realistic rendering style... of course light pencil to hard penciling.
I had made a good impression to the supervisor with the exam... also same with my background in character illustrating... and same with my keen understanding of the job applying for.
What really impressed him above all else is the my presentable demo cd with matching CD Cover and Table of Contents.
Thats why I'll be also presenting this style of Demo CD to other companies that I'll be applying to, such as:
- IAS (tomorrow or Wednesday; February 3 or 4, 2008)
- Somnicreative (friday; February 6, 2008 through a joint project with FACA)
- Kuju Manila (next week Tuesday; February 10, 2008)
- Toon City (next week Wednesday; February 11, 2008)
- Affinity Express (a third application? still unsure... it's going to be outsourcing again)
- Ladyluck Digital (but having second thoughts, because of the games they released flopped)
So that's it for tonight... till tomorrow then~